Two new task forces; Caregivers Survey update
Acknowledging the global COVID-19 pandemic has added significant stress to caregivers, the Provost’s Office developed two coordinated task forces: the Caregivers Support task force and the Faculty Review Practices Incorporating Crisis Impact task force.
A Caregivers Support Survey was conducted which served to gather student, staff and faculty experiences and information. The survey was open through November 9 and received more than 1,000 responses. Survey findings are being reviewed by these task forces and will be used to incorporate the impact of crisis and the pandemic on the Clemson University community.
Caregiver Support Task Force
- Tim Brown, Associate Professor – Architecture and Chair of Faculty Senate Welfare Committee
- Lori Dickes, Associate Professor – Parks, Recreation and Tourism Management and Chair of the Women’s Commission
- La’Toya Ritter Maddox, Chief Business Officer – Architecture, Arts & Humanities
- Margaret Ptacek, Professor – Biological Sciences and Director of Tigers ADVANCE
- Sean Sather-Wagstaff (chair), Professor – Mathematical & Statistical Sciences and Deputy Chair of the LGBTQ Commission
- Paige Thomsen, Program Coordinator – TIGERS Advance
Faculty Review Practices Incorporating Crisis Impact Task Force
- Denise Anderson, Associate Dean – Behavioral, Social and Health Sciences
- Karen High, Professor – Engineering and Science Education and Tigers ADVANCE Trailblazers Co-Lead
- Amy Lawton-Rauh (chair), Associate Provost for Faculty Affairs – Office of the Provost
- Joe Mazer, Department Chair and Professor – Communication
- Thompson Mefford, Associate Professor – Materials Science & Engineering and VP/President-elect of Faculty Senate
- Chelsea Waugaman, Faculty Affairs Project Director – Office of the Provost
Contact the Caregivers Support Task Force at firstname.lastname@example.org.