Summer is waning, but fall brings new excitement
CLEMSON – The College of Science’s Fall Semester Kick-off Meeting celebrated an eventful summer while looking forward to a busy fall that will be filled with opportunities.
The event was held Aug. 20 in the Poole Agricultural Center’s auditorium. The agenda included a welcome by Dean Cynthia Y. Young, highlights from the Dean’s July 19 presentation to the Board of Trustees, and recognition of new faculty and staff by the department chairs and the chief of strategy and operations.
The new SCIENCE recruitment video was also unveiled.
Here are the new faculty and staff:
- Sharon Bewick, assistant professor.
- Nathan Redding, lecturer.
- Robert Robinson, accountant; fiscal analyst.
- Jennifer Froehly, research specialist.
- Louis Alexander Jr., research specialist.
- Laura Simpson Love, student services coordinator.
- Carla Brewer, student services coordinator.
- Cassidy Baldwin, lab tech.
- Vivian Ezeh, director of general chemistry labs.
- Steven Pellizzeri, lecturer – general chemistry.
GENETICS AND BIOCHEMISTRY
- Trudy Mackay, Self Family Endowed Chair of Human Genetics; director of the Clemson Center for Human Genetics; professor of genetics and biochemistry.
- Robert Anholt, Provost Distinguished Professor of Genetics and Biochemistry; director of Faculty Excellence Initiative; professor of genetics and biochemistry.
- Thomas Curry Jr., lab assistant – EPIC.
- Neil Monaghan, lab assistant.
- Elizabeth Huey, lab assistant.
- Sydney Posey, lab assistant.
- Bradley Rauh, lab tech.
- Ellen McCormack, lab assistant.
- Sripriya Raja, lab tech.
Staff for Center for Human Genetics:
- Chad Highfill, postdoctoral fellow.
- Richard Lyman, research associate.
- Roberta Lyman, research laboratory manager.
- Deborah Kunkel, assistant professor.
- Cynthia Ramiharimanana, visiting assistant professor.
- April Thomas, lecturer.
- Yu-Bo Wang, assistant professor.
- Qiong Zhang, assistant professor.
PHYSICS AND ASTRONOMY
- Stephen Kaeppler, assistant professor.
- Lili Gehring, chief of strategy and operations.
- Deborah Jensen, administrative coordinator.
- Jennie LaMonte, director of scholar development.
- Harolynn Williams, director of health profession advising.
- Joanne Marcou, assistant business officer.
- Victoria (Tori) Kling, IT consultant.
- Joe Bradford, IT consultant.