Brad B. Smith Sr. of Greenville named to Clemson Alumni Association board
CLEMSON — The Clemson Alumni Association has named Brad Smith of Greenville to its board of directors. His term will begin July 1.
Smith is a three-time graduate of Clemson University. He earned a Bachelor of Science in design in 1982; a Bachelor of Science in building science and management in 1983; and a Bachelor of Arts in architecture in 1985. He is a registered architect in South Carolina and 37 other states. He is a member of the American Institute of Architects (AIA), S.C. State Board of Architecture Examiners and past chair of the Professional Conduct Committee for the National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB).
Currently, Smith is a managing principal and architect with McMillan Pazdan Smith Architecture and has worked on the design of numerous buildings in Greenville and the Clemson campus, including the Lee Hall addition and Penley Golf Clubhouse.
Smith has taken on many leadership roles since graduating from Clemson, working with numerous boards and committees dedicated to architecture as well as community service.
He previously served as a board member and former chairman of the Clemson Architectural Foundation and as a board member and president of the Poinsett Club Board of Governors. Currently, Smith serves as a board member of the Hospice House of Greenville and as a board member and former chair of the Cancer Society of Greenville County. He has also been a Heisman IPTAY donor for more than 20 years.
The alumni board has 22 members and is the governing body for the Clemson Alumni Association. Primary responsibilities of the board include general oversight of the programs and initiatives of the association, financial audit and review, the establishment of governing policies and strategic planning.
The Clemson Alumni Association is an open-membership, nonprofit organization. Since its inception in 1896, the program has connected members of the Clemson family, inspiring pride, celebrating achievement, providing service and strengthening relationships. Learn more at www.clemson.edu/alumni.