Construction and reduced hours or access to facilities during Spring Break
Spring Break means a week off for students, but for employees who remain on Clemson’s main campus, it means construction might affect getting around campus and some facilities are closed or open on limited schedules.
Facilities will take advantage of the week to work on some projects that could disrupt travel, including:
- The intersection at Williamson and Perimeter roads will be closed so underground utilities can be installed.
- McMillan Road will be closed between Cherry Road and the entrance to the E-1 parking lot as crews install underground utilities.
- Underground utility construction will close the intersection of Kappa Lambda Street and Commons Court at Lightsey Bridge.
- The sidewalk and parking spaces along southbound Williamson Road between Walter T. Cox Boulevard (Highway 93) and the Avenue of Champions will be closed while arborists work on trees in the area. Pedestrians are asked to use caution in this area due to the work being done overhead.
Keep up with road closings on Facilities’ online map.
Other work being done that during Spring Break includes:
- Crews digging up and pouring the foundation for the Samuel J. Cadden Chapel.
- Workers paving the parking lot at the College of Business building project. The work primarily will be inside the construction fence, but trucks will access the site from Daniel Drive.
- Crews pouring the concrete slab and erecting steel framing for the Soccer Operations Complex.
- Continued construction on the Child Development Center to maintain an April completion date.
- Work being done on the football practice fields, including the installation of a new irrigation system.
- Natural rock installed along Hunnicutt Creek to slow stormwater runoff into the waterway.
- The replacement of the entry doors on the bridge level of Cooper Library.
- Continued work on a new collaboration/study space for students where the bookstore was in Hendrix Student Center.
Most dining spots on campus will be closed during Spring Break. A few that will be open March 16-20 include:
- Schilletter Dining Hall – 8 a.m.-1:30 p.m. and 4:30-7 p.m. daily
- Einstein’s – 8 a.m.-2 p.m. daily
- Which Wich – 11 a.m.-2 p.m. daily
- POD Gressette – 11 a.m.-2 p.m. daily
Transportation schedules will be affected by the break, as well. There will be no on-campus CAT Bus or Tiger Transit service that week and Tiger Commute and the Research Park shuttle will operate on limited schedules. See the Transit Services web page for details.
Cooper Library will operate on a special schedule that week. It will open at 8 a.m. and close at 4:30 p.m. each day.
Fike Recreation Center
Fike Recreation Center will be open from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. from Monday, March 16, to Thursday, March 19.
On Friday, March 20, Fike will be open only from 5:30 to 9 a.m. to allow for maintenance on water lines in the building.