A look back at a truly remarkable 2018
Let’s take a minute to celebrate all the great things that happened this year.
Whether it was U.S. News & World Report naming Clemson a top-25 public institution for the 11th consecutive year, the groundbreaking discovery of all the starlight ever produced or announcing workforce development initiatives around the state, this year has been full of achievements for this university thanks to the hard work of our faculty, staff, students, alumni and friends.
Our community’s commitment to innovation, engagement and excellence makes achievements like these possible and creates momentum to continue moving Clemson forward into 2019 and beyond.
To recognize the great work we’ve achieved together, here are some of the year’s greatest accomplishments.
Read on, and let’s get ready to tackle 2019.
This year, our faculty:
- took a step closer to self-healing plastics;
- helped South Carolina farmers organically grow cereal and pulse crops;
- received an $11 million National Institutes of Health grant to create a new center for musculoskeletal research;
- and shared positive research to help combat bullying.
These are just some of the amazing stories from this year that speak to why Clemson is leading the nation in research. Click here to see more.
Every Tiger has his/her own journey to and through Clemson, but each is working to make South Carolina a better place.
In 2018, we watched our students:
- transform from a patient advocate to a health care designer of the future;
- be named the undergraduate student representative for The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi;
- unveil a 600-horesepower hybrid race prototype;
- and follow in the footsteps of their famous family members.
Click here to see more of the phenomenal successes our students achieved this year in the classroom, lab and community.
Even after leaving campus, our alumni continue to inspire.
This year, we saw our alumni:
- break ceilings at NASA;
- create new ways to package everyday products;
- and come back to campus to oversee construction on one of Clemson’s newest facilities.
Click here to see more accomplishments from our distinguished alumni.
In 2018, we celebrated the opening of:
- Douthit Hills,
- the Clemson Center for Human Genetics,
- the Clemson University Nursing building in Greenville,
- and a new Student Veteran Center.
And there are more projects coming in the years ahead.
Clemson is moving forward in so many ways, and these exciting physical changes to our campus will help further support where future generations of Tigers live, earn and lead at the highest levels!
Are you ready?