A $1 million gift to Clemson University ensures that two legacies that began in the early 1900s will benefit current and future students. In 1938, Frank S. Barnes Jr. of Rock Hill began his freshman year at Clemson College. He followed his father, F.S. Barnes Sr., who graduated from there in 1915. The Sheep Barn was built on campus at the turn of the century.