School of Nursing receives National Center of Excellence recognition
“Clemson School of Nursing faculty and staff are proud to have our School designated as a Center of Excellence for student learning and professionalism,” said School of Nursing Director Kathleen Valentine.
Clemson is one of 16 schools this year that received this recognition, and has been recognized as a Center of Excellence since 2014. Nursing schools can apply to become a Center of Excellence in Nursing Education institution, based on the ability to demonstrate sustained excellence in faculty development, nursing education research, or student learning and professional development, according to the National League for Nursing.
The 2018 year’s award recipients are:
Enhancing Student Learning and Professional Development
- Clemson University*
- Eastern Arizona College
- The George Washington School of Nursing
- Georgetown University School of Nursing and Health Sciences
- The Ohio State University*
- Phillips School of Nursing at Mount Sinai Beth Israel*
- Purdue University Northwest*
- Saint Xavier University*
- Texas Tech University Health Science Center*
- The University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- University of Delaware
- Washtenaw Community College
Promoting the Pedagogical Expertise of Faculty
- Boston College
- Fairfield University Marion Peckham Egan School of Nursing
- The University of Alabama in Hunstville College of Nursing
Advancing the Science of Nursing Education
- The University of Alabama Capstone College of Nursing
Specifically, Clemson’s School of Nursing was recognized for its sustained excellence in student learning and professional development, as well as continuous quality improvement in teaching, research and service.
“Clemson nursing students consistently excel in a rigorous program of study while also seeking opportunities to lead and serve the public, locally, nationally and globally through classes and our nationally recognized Student Nurses’ Association chapter,” Valentine said. “Our clinical learning environment represents state of the art opportunities for student engagement led by award winning faculty and staff. The NLN designation as a Center of Excellence punctuates our belief that Clemson School of Nursing offers the best experience, to the best students, to prepare the best graduates who will serve the community.”
The School of Nursing will be formally recognized during the Honors Convocation at the 2018 NLN Education Summit, on Friday, September 14.
* Represents continuing recognition