Marshall Brown of Norcross joins Clemson University Foundation board
CLEMSON, South Carolina – Marshall L. Brown of Norcross joined the Clemson University Foundation board of directors for a four-year term beginning July 1.
Brown is founder, president and chief executive officer of ACM Chemistries Inc., which develops chemical admixtures for the landscape and masonry industries. He holds a Bachelor of Science (1982), Master of Science (1986) and Ph.D. (1988) in civil engineering from Clemson.
He previously was vice president of research and support for North America for the Heidelberg Technology Center in Germany. Brown also was vice president and general manager of Addiment Inc. of Heidelberger Zement GmbH.
He currently is secretary-treasurer of the Interlocking Concrete Pavement Institute (ICPI) and has been a board member since 2005. He is former chair and current trustee of the ICPI Foundation for Education and Research. In 2015, he chaired the fundraising and renovation of the Bailey-Murphy Director’s Cabin at Camp Old Indian for the Blue Ridge Council of the Boy Scouts of America in Travelers Rest, South Carolina.
He has served in many capacities at Clemson, including chairing the College of Engineering, Computing and Applied Sciences Board of Advisors; and as a member of the advisory board of the Glenn Department of Civil Engineering, the Commission on the Future of Clemson, the Thomas Green Clemson Academy of Engineering and Sciences award committee and the Atlanta Clemson Club.
He and his wife, Cindra, live in Berkeley Lake.
The Clemson University Foundation is an independent, not-for-profit 501(c)(3) entity organized solely to promote the welfare and future development of Clemson University. It was chartered in 1933 to support the university’s educational and scientific goals. It is the responsibility of the board of directors to manage and disburse assets prudently within a policy that encourages the enhancement of the resources of the foundation.