Dan Garrison of Cypress named to Clemson University Foundation board
CLEMSON, South Carolina — John D. “Dan” Garrison of Cypress, Texas, has been named to the Clemson University Foundation board of directors. His term began July 1.
Garrison, who received a Bachelor of Science in business administration from Clemson in 1972, is retired senior vice president of sales for Service Corporation International (SCI). SCI is North America’s largest provider of funeral and cemetery services, with shares traded on the New York Stock Exchange.
With SCI, he progressed through a series of management assignments that encompassed both funeral home and cemetery operations and was promoted to president of its Southeastern Region in 1992. He assumed responsibility for SCI’s international operations in late 1997 and was elected vice president of the company in early 1998.
During his career, Garrison served as president of the Southern Cemetery Association and the Florida Cemetery Association.
At Clemson, he is an Athletics Cornerstone Partner and a member of the Thomas Green Clemson Society, the Clemson Legacy Society, the Anna Calhoun Clemson Society and the Houston Clemson Club.
Clemson University Foundation
The Clemson University Foundation is an independent, not-for-profit 501(c)(3) entity organized solely to promote the welfare and future development of Clemson University. It was chartered in 1933 to support the university’s educational and scientific goals. It is the responsibility of the board of directors to manage and disburse assets prudently within a policy that encourages the enhancement of the resources of the foundation.