Clemson University hosting SC Cyber Upstate Kickoff Conference
CLEMSON — Clemson University’s Watt Family Innovation Center will host the SC Cyber Upstate Kickoff Conference Sept. 14 to bring together Upstate industries, businesses and colleges with expertise or interests in cybersecurity.
The event is sponsored by SC Cyber, a statewide initiative with partners across all levels of academia, industry and government with a mission to develop the talent, techniques and tools to defend critical, connected infrastructure in South Carolina and the United States.
The event will feature a morning keynote and brief lightning talks, followed by an open forum networking opportunity. Cybersecurity industries, academic institutions and government agencies will staff informational booths and present short courses on cybersecurity topics in the afternoon. Participation is free.
This conference will raise awareness of the SC Cyber initiative, inform attendees of cybersecurity programs and capabilities, especially in the Upstate, and expose students to cybersecurity career opportunities.
Participants should RSVP as space is limited: http://ci.clemson.edu/sccyberupstate.
- Gil Weathers (KeenanSuggs Insurance) – Cyber Liability Insurance
- Col. Brian Pitts (SCARNG) – Cyber and National Guard
- Dan Noneaker (Chair, electrical and computer engineering, College of Engineering, Computing and Applied Sciences) – Clemson Cyber Research
- Jeff McNeil (research professor, Clemson) – Security Roadmap
- David Pence (President, AcumenIT) – Verizon Data Breach Investigations Report
Booths: Trident Tech (cyber courses), Dispersive Tech (cloud security problems), Clemson University. SAIC (cybersecurity), SRC (SRC and cybersecurity), Dell (Dell Secureworks), Lockin (online fault software), S.C. National Guard and KeenanSuggs (cyber liability insurance). Courses: Soteria (Ask a Hacker panel) and Dispersive Tech (cybersecurity).