Business school quick to present students with career events
The College of Business is wasting little time in presenting career events to students upon their arrival for the fall semester.
Leah Hughes, College of Business assistant director for career and professional development, said business students of all majors will have a number of career-related opportunities available to them throughout September, including several preparatory workshops.
A business career fair will be Sept. 27 in Littlejohn Coliseum from noon-4 p.m., and freshman through graduate students can attend. That same day, a College of Business recruiter networking reception will be from 5-7 p.m. at the Madren Center Grand Ballroom for sophomore, junior and senior business majors to network with recruiters in a more relaxed environment.
No advance sign-up is necessary for either event, and some students may have the opportunity for follow-up interviews by recruiters the following day.
“These events kick off our recruiting season and students can find more information about them in the student enrichment newsletter, which is emailed to them weekly,” Hughes said. “We also encourage students to take advantage of several workshop sessions that will help them prepare for meeting the potential employers.”
The career fair will also be open to students in the health care and communications fields. More than 100 companies will be recruiting for full-time, part-time and internship positions. More than 50 company representatives are expected to attend the networking reception, which will include refreshments and appetizers.
Other business school career events in September include:
- Recruiting activities begin in early September for accounting juniors and seniors. A recruiters’ picnic will be held Sept. 6 and on-campus employer interviews begin Sept. 13. Juniors and seniors must apply for participation in the picnic and can do so in the accounting suite on the third floor of Sirrine Hall. Interview opportunities for internship and full-time positions can be found on ClemsonJobLink.
- Career fair prep sessions will be Sept. 21 and 25. Both sessions will begin at 5:30 p.m. in 110 Sirrine. Students will learn what to expect at the career fair and recruiter reception and develop a strategy to maximize their time at both events.
- Drop-in hours for resume reviews will be available leading up to the career fair. The student enrichment weekly newsletter will provide details.
- A networking primer will be Sept. 19. Students will receive tips on how to introduce themselves and have a professional conversation in a social setting.
- Several employers will conduct information sessions and have information tables set up in Sirrine Hall.
# # #